What is New in Rolta Geomatica 2012?
Rotla Geomattca Is designed to solve challenging problems of Remote Sensing. PhotogramrnelJy. GIS and Dlgtlal cartography. WIth the recent release of Rotla Geomatlca. Rotla continues to push the boundaries of performance and enable geospaHal professionals to solve real-world problems faster and more cost effecIiIIely.
Geomalica 2012 is avcilable for Microsoft Windows (WindawsXPMstoM'indows 7/SSver 2()()3JSe1ver 2008) and Linux OS.
Rolte Geomatlca Focus
For the 2012 release, Rolla Is taldng Focus (VIsuallzaHon engine) to the next level. Improvements Include:
• GeomatIcc Focus Is roN Open-MP enabled. which will revolutlonlze the performance of everyday tasks like the loading, panning and zooming of Imagery.
• ·On-the-fIy" automatic Image enhancements. AJi one roan& around large volumes of data, the visual appearance will update to
reveal the most Information.
• Enhance all Images tool-enhance mulHple Images In a single click.
• Locate image in bee list -Geomatico outomatically identifies images being viewed based on visual selection in the view window
• Geomat\ca Focus allows the vlsuallzaHon of GCPs collected during orthorectIfIcaIn.
• Assignment of class desc~pIIons and themaHc color schemes for Polarimetric processing algorlltms.
Rolte Geomatlca OrthoEnglne
In RoIta Geomatlca 2012, Rolla continues delivering the best orIhorec:ttftcation and mosclcldng tools In the market Including Improvemenl5ln:
• Manual Mosalcldng - The streamlined workflow allows users to manually visualize their mosaic p~or to ac1ua11y running the process. In RoIta GeomatIcc 201 2. there are also Improved functions for masking (local and global). color balancing, and cutllne edlHng
• PhysIcal Modeling - Orlhorec1lflcatlon of ADS40/ ADS80 level 1 Images nON uses 0 physical sensor model for grecrier accuracy. The release Includes the ablillyto s1Itch mulHpIe railer components Into a single file for ease of proce&sIng.
• Adjust Ortho -It Is common for orthorectlfled Images used In a mosaic to be mlsc:lll\7led due to Inaccurate GCPs or a low-accuracy DEM associated wHh the Images. Adjust Orlho con be used to file: mlsc:lllgnments In order to make mosclcldng resull& more accurate.
• Automated Processing -Automated GCP coIlec1Ion uses a nE/tN1echnlCJ.Iefor Image to Image matching for Improved per1ormance.
SAR Polarimetry Target Analysis (SPTA)
• SPTA has been Integrated Into Rolla Geomatica 2012. It Is now ~Ilable from Rotla GeomatIcc toolbor. It has a number of enhancements to streamline usage and Improve output reporting and results.
New Sensors and Increased Support for Online Data Providers
Rotla GeomatIco 20 12 b~ngs In following Improvements In Sensor and format support:
• PA1..SAR support - SfWfunc1lons can now use ERSDAC format data.
• KompSat - DIMAP format support
• HJ-1 NB - Sensors of Chinese Environment & Disaster Monlto~ng MlcrosateilHe Constellation
• THEOS -Thailand Earth ObsetvaIion Satellite
• GOSAJ -Greenhouse gases ObservIng SatelIHe
• WorIdVIew-2 - Latest satellHe from DlgHaI Globe
• PosIGreSQL - Rolla GeomatIco con read Image and vector data from PosIGreSQL dateboses and FEXPORT can be used to load file-based date sets Into a PostGreSQLdatabase.
• ADO. NET - Rolla GeomatIco now supporlsthe following ADO. NET file formats:
• Microsoft Excel (XLS)
• Microsoft Access (MDB)
• ESRI Personal Geodatabase (PGDB)
• Oracle - Rolla Geomatica supports Oracle 11 g R1 and R2 tables and views for read-wrtte aceess. Oracle Spatiol (sdo_geometry) & GeoRaster Isdo georaster) data types are fully supported for read-wrlle access.
• ESRI Geodotcbase support
With Rolta Geomatlca 2012, users will be able to use data from ArcGIS Online as a backdrop In Rolta Geomatlca Focus, and also as a potential GCP source or elevation dataset In Rolta OrthoEngine workflows.
Other New Features
• Clip Raw Raster with RPC - The CLIP function in EASI and Modeler, as well as the Clipping! Subsemng In Focus now adjust and transfer the associated RPC data as well as the imagery.
• Improved Projection Support -The projection support in Rolta Geomatlca has been re-written and there are significant improvements in the reprojectlon of Geospatial data both in Rolta Focus and via the new REPROJ2 function.
• Complex data support - Rolta Geomatica 201 2 Includes more extensive support for complex data. This support makes the processing of SAR data much easier and faster, specifically for Polarimetric SAR data. This support includes:
• New complex data type in PCIDSK format
• Rolta Focus now displays intensity based on complex data
• Focus numeric values panel now shows complex and amplitude etc ...
• Google KML export now Includes support for PNG data, which allows transparency support. This is possible via the "Export to Google Earth" capability in Rolta Focus as well as the EXPORT2KML function in EASI and Modeler.
Coherent Change DetectIon
The CCD functions are a complete set of tools designed specifically for the detection and analysis of changes extracted from a user-specified test and reference SAR Image pair. This includes the following functions:
• AUTOSHIFT -It allows a user to align a target image to a reference Image.
• CCDINTEN - Measures the change In total radar backscattering between a test Image and a reference image by comparing the sum of the intensities of the input channels.
• CCDPHASE - Measures change based on the average coherence (over a specified window size) between two co-registered single look complex SAR images.
• CCDWISH - Measures change between two SLC SAR images based on modified Wishart statistics.
• CCDWM -Combines results from multiple change detection techniques in a weighted manner.
Optical Change Detection
• CHDETOP - Detects differences between two Input raster Images ("new' and "reference").
• EXPOLRAS - Converts an Input raster Image to a binary image using a specified threshold value, extracts polygons from the resulting binary image and filters them based on area and compactness values.
• SARINGEST - For polarimetric data, It stores the data into PCIDSK Complex Imagery for subsequent processing In the SPW, SPTA and CCD. Both image data and rnetadata are imported.
• CDADS - Generates ADS math model for ADS40/ADS80 data and imports raster data to a PCIDSK file.
• DSM2DEM - Converts a digital surface model (DSM) Into a bare-Earth digital elevation model.